Last updated: May 24, 2018
- “Personal Data”, “Controller”, “Processing”, “Subprocessor” take the same meanings as in the applicable Data Protection Regulation, including European Directives 95/46/EC and 2002/58/EC, and any regulation or legislation that amends or replaces them (including Regulation (EU) 2016/679).
How we protect your privacy
BCIM sprl offers many services to help you run your business, including a platform to host your own database. As part of running those services we collect data about you and your business. This data is not only essential to run our services, but also critical for the safety of our services and all our users.
This policy explains what information is collected and how we use it.
Information we collect
Account & Contact Data
For running our business, we collect contact data of our customers or prospects. This typically includes your name, company name, email address, phone number, postal address, business sector, interest.
When you visit our website or when any of your users visit a website that we host, we may detect and store your browser language and geolocation, in order to customize the experience according to the country and preferred language. Our servers also passively record a summary of the information sent by the browser, for statistical, security and legal purposes: IP address, the time and date of your visit, browser version and platform, and the web pages that you visited.
When you use our hosting service, any information or content you submit or upload into your database is your own, and you control it fully.
In order to provide our consulting services, you will likely send us sensitive data or ask us to analyze and process data stored in you database.
Processing of Personal Data
The data processing will be performed in conformance with Data Protection Legislation. In particular, BCIM sprl commits to:
- implement and maintain appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the data against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction, damage, theft, alteration or disclosure ;
- forward promptly to the Customer any Data Protection request that was submitted to BCIM sprl with regard to the contents of the Customer’s database ;
- notify the Customer promptly upon becoming aware of and confirming any accidental, unauthorized, or unlawful processing of, disclosure of, or access to the Personal Data ;
- notify the Customer if the processing instructions infringe applicable Data Protection legislation, in the opinion of BCIM sprl ;
The Customer agrees to provide BCIM sprl with accurate contact information at all times, as necessary to notify the Customer’s Data Protection responsible.
The Customer acknowledges and agrees that in order to provide the Services, BCIM sprl may use third-party service providers (Subprocessors) to process Personal Data. BCIM sprl commits to only use Subprocessors in compliance with Data Protection Legislation.
Our Infrastructure is partially provided by OVH SAS. See their Privacy & Security
We also may use third-party services such as Google Analytics, who set and use their own cookies to identify visitors and provide their own contextual services. See Google Analytics Privacy & Security
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies, or look at the links below.
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/windows?os=windows-10
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/products/firefox/cookies
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/
We do not currently support Do Not Track signals, as there is no industry standard for compliance.
Our website, services and contents are not directed to children, and we do not knowingly collect or process children-related data. If we learn that we have collected or received such data without parental consent, we will delete it immediately.
BCIM sprl – Data Protection
Rue du Val-Notre-Dame 347